I live in Tokyo now but most of my friends and family do not. The main idea here is that I can tell these people about interesting things that happen and are seen.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

El Delfin's 9/11 Tribute

Sometimes I feel bad about just posting YouTube links and stuff, but you know, what is the point of a blogg really? The answer is "not much" or at least it would be if English grammar allowed that to be an answer.

So, ain't no need act prideful about being just another molecule caught up in the Brownian swirl of inter net soup, pushing around a bunch of pictures of people's faces all phoshopped on the wrong bodies and that.

Anyway.

Here's an Ecuadorian pop star's musical tribute to 9/11 (is anyone out there rabid enough to demand I say 11/9 instead?)... it is pretty astonishing.

Ay yi yi!

(I ain't saying "Ay yi yi!" to act ill about Latin people. I'm quoting, he says it at least a couple of times. It is a genuine expression of shock and woe. Also his lounge looks like it belongs to a character in a Tomas Tang film)

Read the translated lyrics afterwards... posted up by Vice Magazine, which, incidentally, is probably a better place to be looking for content than right here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dood hows it. just reading through all your stuff and was wondering do you still have your old old comics like the ones you made when you where in the basement alot at rob and ken's ( days we used to spend hours playing one must fall)

cheers

Tue Mar 27, 07:37:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Murray said...

oh dogg that is resurrecting some days before days

that is some beyond times... those days was all about the Jaguar vs. the Shadow (the rest of those robots could eat a dick)

anyway yeah i still got maybe 5 or 6 copies of Deadeye #1 from the run of 100 I did back in ninety-whatever - they are somewhere on NZ though, don't remember where I stashed them

one of the characters from those comics will show up in my web-comic eventually (i guess folks assume i have given up on my web-comic - i just take things at my own pace)

Wed Mar 28, 08:47:00 AM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home