I live in Tokyo now but most of my friends and family do not. The main idea here is that I can tell these people about interesting things that happen and are seen.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Another Comic, Some News, and BONUS

Another Comic:

A Small Kobold 1996 presents: "Civilization 2" done got concluded.
Once again you gotta click on the comic to make it remotely legible.



I am still playing around with the look and composition of things. Also I am slowly straightening out my ideas about how to write a comic. On a list of "Things That Ain't Easy", producing a good quality web comic comes somewhere not far behind "pimpin".

a-small-kobold.com remains essentially broken for now (in fact I recently noticed that it has mysteriously discarded some of the episodes), so I guess I'd better sort that out before I draw any more.

Some News:

Operation: Get The Hell Outta Chiba is nearly complete and in a couple of weeks I'll be moving to a spot much closer to any place I could conceivably ever want to be. It's in the middle of a triangle formed by Shinjuku, Shibuya, and Nakano - an area I will henceforth refer to as RAD DUDEZ TOWN.

(Thinking about printing some RAD DUDEZ TOWN T-shirts with the lettering kind of made out of lightning bolts or possibly bones from a skeleton).

So I'm sure you can all imagine my relief.

BONUS:

Brett Lee's duet with Asha Boshle - an apalling song that has been hugely successful in India. (I'm sure I'm well behind everyone that lives in a country where cricket is actually played here).

Brett's first single and hopefully his last... Asha Boshle on the other hand, has been running shit for maybe about 40 years. She sings on almost every Bollywood song I like - actually for much of the 70s it seemed she sung on every Bollywood song full stop. Here's an example from 1972 - and for added geek value, let me point out that it was ripped by The Black Eyed Peas for a recent-ish single... I'd call them rascals if that term didn't imply affection.

3 Comments:

Blogger etnobofin said...

I hadn't seen/heard the Brett Lee song... hahahahahahahahaha it's excellent, totally made my evening, which is a sad commentary in itself.

The comic is reading well too. All best for new life in RAD DUDEZ TOWN.

cheese

Thu Feb 01, 11:19:00 AM PST

 
Blogger Murray said...

cheers cheezle...

i can see from your flickrs that you've been having a decent time - how's those swiss chalet photos with a richness of icicles and such - you animal!

Thu Feb 01, 06:11:00 PM PST

 
Blogger Murray said...

specifically this kind of deal

Thu Feb 01, 06:19:00 PM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home