I live in Tokyo now but most of my friends and family do not. The main idea here is that I can tell these people about interesting things that happen and are seen.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Inter Net is a Magical Resource and It Knows What to Do

I'm gonna go for a swim today in what may be the first instalment of a period of regular exercise. Swimming a proper stroke is a long lapsed skill (maybe last attempted when I was 13 or 14?) so I expect this outing to be somewhat embarassing... I just said to the inter net "okay so how does a dude swim again" so I could maybe get reminded about how much moves to do with my arms and soforth.

Here's what swimmer71holler has to say about the freestyle:

when swimming this stroke you want to pull the water while gliding through the water and when you swim the 50 meters this helps to but don't forget that kick

okay don't forget that kick fellers LET'S GO

( might do a comic today if i don't drown)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say it ain't so Murray, just say it ain't.

No new comic, no photos on your flickr of the new friends you made in swimming class.

Don't tell me this is the way that I learn that my best buddy is at the bottom of the Asakusa Municipal People's Swimming Pool, held down by a treacherous set of water-wings with negative buoyancy.

Which is a round about way of saying "I know no one ever drowned in a public swimming pool in Japan, it being inconceivable due to the robots (save me Asimo!) so where is the dang comic?"

Which is itself is a round about way of saying "Where is the dang comic?"

Mon Feb 26, 11:36:00 AM PST

 
Blogger Murray said...

Yeah, still alive!

I had the lifeguard on the edge of his seat a couple of times I think though.

Man, swimming is decent exercise I think. It is imbued with excitement beyond say, a treadmill, by the borderline possibility of drowning - or suffering the humiliation of being resuscitated by an excruciatingly apologetic man half my size, I suppose.

The comic isn't finished yet, okay? I suppose that's just me bringing the weaksauce... have I given you cause to expect anything else?

Really!

Mon Feb 26, 05:49:00 PM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home