I live in Tokyo now but most of my friends and family do not. The main idea here is that I can tell these people about interesting things that happen and are seen.

Monday, October 09, 2006

I'm Still Terrible At Doing Inter Net

Since I update at pretty random intervals, it has been suggested that I implement something called an "RSS feed" so that people could maybe have postings emailed to them when they are created rather than forlornly checking every now and then (is that how it works? I don't even know if that's how it works?)

So I followed some instructions on a webpage - if you look on the right-hand column over there you will see a button like this:



The button will take you to a feed. I don't know what you people are supposed to do next to make it go though.

PLEASE DON'T ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW THIS WORKS OR WHAT IT IS FOR OR I WILL MAYBE START TO FEEL WORSE ABOUT MYSELF

Thank you.

UPDATE: Well I had a play around and it looks like to use a feed you normally have to have some kind of program that collates all your RSS feeds for you every day and prints them out as a newspaper, so you can sit there like a bigshot and read a bunch of people complaining about George Bush or some soup that they ate in the most efficient way possible.

I'm not sure if any of my friends or family are that kind of person, so I found another button I could press and now you can just get new postings emailed to you - click on the "subscribe by email" link at the bottom of the right hand column. Dunno if it works properly but we can find that out together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home