I live in Tokyo now but most of my friends and family do not. The main idea here is that I can tell these people about interesting things that happen and are seen.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Does Your Nose Got A Lot Of Blackheads On It. You... you can tell me.

These things are huge here:



i.e. little bits of sellotape that you stick on your nose to get rid of NOSE BLACKHEADS. If the cultural importance of a thing may be judged by how frequently it appears in train advertising, blackhead nose strips are right up there with Tokyo Disneyland and women dancing in their undies. One can scarcely glance at any surface without seeing some model's enraptured, angelic face beaming at you with a big black strip over her nose. And now that I've been prompted to notice, I can see that people here have got hell of blackheads all up on they noses. I'm intrigued. On what principle do these strips work? Is it a chemical treatment? Or more like removing a band-aid from a hairy leg - you just yank the thing off and it rips them shits out? How would that feel???

My own nose is much like... Ferrari - a by-word for classic styling and elegance, but all too frequently bright red in colour. Also it typically has more blackheads than a Ferrari, so I consider myself a valid test subject. Next time I'm at Don.K! and I remember, I'm a grab me some nose strips and risk my most noble protuberance for the sake of Science.

You may expect a Report.




PS: Why didn't anyone tell me R.L. Burnside was dead? And has been dead for months? Why did I have to find out from one of my students? I nearly blew the lesson I was cold struck with grief. Sure, people expect old men to die but.... R.L. Burnside?

JON SPENCER WHY DINT YOU SEND ME A EMAIL?????????????

Bin listening to "A Ass Pocket of Whiskey (And A Front Pocket Of Gin)" all night and just poured out some of my Japanese fake beer (made out of fermented barley or green beans or some crass shit) onto the ground to commemorate the dude.

7 Comments:

Blogger etnobofin said...

Haha, just put on burnside version of "Georgia Women". That's how you supposed to play a guitar, son.

Fri Sep 01, 11:06:00 AM PDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dogg - Amanda is all about them black head nose things but thats only the start. Have you come across the "nose grease removal wipes"? An ounce of prevention is worth a bushell of cure - or something like that.

Fri Sep 01, 09:05:00 PM PDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably missed his passing as you were in mourning for Bob Denver (Gilligan from Gilligan's island) who died around about the same date.

Sat Sep 02, 08:12:00 PM PDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the dang awful truth. I do a blackhead nose strip a minimum of once a fortnight and a nose grease removal wipe once a day (but I recently forgot about them and went two weeks without removing my nose grease!) and it's a magical existence, and that's the troof.

Mon Sep 04, 02:19:00 AM PDT

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Chris, you didn't indicate how much YOU liked it when you tried a nose blackhead strip. How was it the first time? How was it the second time?

Dang these watery characters for the word verification. I can't tell if it's "gobftnmo" or "gobttrmo."

Mon Sep 04, 02:21:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Murray said...

Speaking of dudes kicking the bucket Shaggg-pile, how you feeling about Steve Irwin's passage from this coil?

Who gets killed by a stingray? I ask you. That is some freakish shit. Soon as someone said dude was dead, I knew it wouldn't be a crocodile or a snake... certainly no creature born to land nor river.

CRUEL POSEIDON HATH CLAIMED THE PRINCE

But why him? Why now? WHY NOT MIKE WHITNEY?

Tue Sep 05, 06:47:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Murray said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Sep 05, 06:48:00 AM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home